CU Series Winder
The CU Series—CU1500/CU1800 Winder is primarily used for high-speed winding of vellum, papers, and polyester reproductive films with a thickness range from.5 mil through 5 mils. The rear-mounted unwind assembly includes full lateral travel of headstock and tailstock to accommodate various roll widths and positions within the web area. The manually controlled, pneumatically actuated tailstock engages the quick lock chucking system to the master roll. The CU1500/CU1800 Winder web tension is controlled by a constant pressure that is supplied to the pneumatic unwind brakes, through an air regulator and pressure gauge. The intermediate web guide roller provides web support and wrinkle removal, preparing the web for the slitting station. The winder can be equipped with rotary shear-, score-, or razor-slitting stations. The CU1500/CU1800 Winder slitting station is designed for edge trims and one center cut. Knife bar mounted on quick release swing assembly is located near rewind mandrel with swing assembly control within the convenient working distance of the operator. The web is wound onto a fiber core over an air expanding rewind shaft. The simplex center rewind shafts are flange mounted to provide ease of change to other desired sizes.
The optional selvage eductor has a venturi vacuum pickup, which is powered by a 3 horsepower blower, transports edge trim through two 2″ diameter intake tubes mounted to the slitter bar by adjustable clamps.
- Accommodates materials 0.0005″–0.015″ thick
- Accommodates a maximum unwind roll width (60″ CU1500) (72″ CU1800)
- Shaftless rear unwind accommodates diameters of up to 60″
- Web tension (pneumatic unwind brakes)
- Razor-, Rotary Shear-, Score-slitting or a combination is available
- Accommodates a maximum rewind diameter of 14″
- Air expanding simplex center rewind shaft
- Laser scanner intrusion sensor
- Lay-on, bow, or chevron rollers (option)
- Anti-static bar, selvage educator, auto-tension (option)
You may also like…
CU1500 TURRET WINDER
The CU1500 Turret Winder is primarily used for high-speed winding of vellum, papers, and polyester reproductive films with a thickness range from 2 mils through 5 mils.
- Accommodates all other feature of the CU series but fitted with a turret system for the loading of cores when the machine is winding