Voorwood designs and manufactures innovative, high-quality, precision-made woodworking machinery which includes surface foilers and converter laminators. Voorwood converting and laminating machinery can be used in the manufacture of kitchen cabinets, RV/mobile homes, furniture, award/plaques, picture frames, and in the automotive industry. Voorwood engineering customizes the woodworking machinery to meet your process requirements. Voorwood engineering customizes the surface foilers and converter laminators to meet your process requirements.
Foil is a thin film coated with the colors that are applied to a product through a process known as hot stamping. The pigment is placed on a clear film, which acts as a carrier that transfers the color onto the product.
Heat transfer foils can be applied to vertical or horizontal flat surfaces, curves, edges, and contoured profiles and provides exceptional protection against marring, scratching and abrasion. Hot-stamp foils have the look of real woodgrain finishes, marbles, granites, solid colors, and geometric designs.
The LUR27 Converter Laminator (Film to Film Laminator) applies transfer-finishing foils to the surface of PVC. Hot-stamp foils have the look of real woodgrain finishes, marbles, granites, solid colors, and geometric designs. The laminator has two heated foil applicator stations, which are incorporated in a heavy-duty machine frame for durability and precision.
- Foil unwind station w/tension control
- Substrate unwind station w/auto tension
- Foil rewind station w/stripper roll
- Single substrate rewind station
- Spreader roller
- Nip rolls run cold or heated
The L80 Surface Foiler is a high-speed heat transfer foil laminator. The hot-stamp surface foiler applies dry-transfer finishing foils to the surface of most MDF and other substrates. It comes equipped with two heated foil applicator stations, which are incorporated in a heavy-duty machine frame for durability and precision.
- Single unwind station with tension control for 3″ ID rolls
- Single torque motor controlled rewind station
- Stripper roll for carrier film wind up
- Powered 5′ infeed and outfeed belt conveyors
- Endless belt feed-through
- Substrate cleaning system
The L85 Surface Foiler uses dry-transfer finish technology applying a transfer finish on panels up to two feet in width. You can finish doors, cabinet side panels, furniture tops, and many other products. Another exciting feature of foil finishing with the hot-stamp surface foiler is the ability to finish over routed or embossed designs.
- Ability to finish over routed or embossed designs
- Foil unwind accepts up to 12.750″ diameter roll
- Carrier film rewind with friction clutch tension control
- Stripper roller for precision foil trimming
The L86 Surface Foiler will apply a variety of transfer foil finishes to MDF and other substrate panel faces up to 36 inches wide. The substrate is transported through the laminator on a continuous flat belt. The belt is covered with a heat resistant, non-marking rubber compound. Adjustable side guides guide the substrate to the laminating zone.
- Uses sectional ovens and twin applicator rollers
- Foil unwind accepts up to 13″ diameter roll
- Pneumatic unwind