Voorwood designs and manufactures innovative, high-quality, precision-made woodworking machinery, which includes double-end foilers, single-end (edge) foilers, end finishers, contour foilers, plough (bluff cut) foilers, surface foilers, and converter laminators. Voorwood woodworking machinery can be used in the manufacture of kitchen cabinets, RV/mobile homes, furniture, award/plaques, picture frames, and in the automotive industry. Voorwood engineering customizes the woodworking machinery to meet your process requirements. Voorwood foiling machines are used to shape, sand, and foil profiles for panels, outside edges, coping, and stile and rails. Voorwood engineering customizes the woodworking machinery to meet your process requirements.
Heat transfer foils can be applied to vertical or horizontal flat surfaces, curves, edges, and contoured profiles and provide exceptional protection against marring, scratching and abrasion. Hot-stamp foils have the look of real woodgrain finishes, marbles, granites, solid colors, and geometric designs. The heat transfer foils enable furniture, cabinet, and related wood products manufacturers to shape, sand, and apply decorative woodgrain or solid finish to MDF edges in a single manufacturing step.
OPTIONS: Hopper feeder, automatic space ball inserter, spindle-configuration with quick change, HSK or stacked tooling, score saw, and groove saw.
The L217 Double-End Foiler profiles, sands, and applies dry-transfer finishing foil to both edges of MDF parts in one continuous pass. Designed for quick and easy changeover. Foiling stations equipped with 8˝ diameter foil wheels, non-contact sensors, and ovens for automatic temperature control.
- Accommodates up to seven stations per side
- Top and bottom score saws, groove station, shaping station, dual sanding station and dual foiling station (up to four)
- Post clean stations (option)
- L215 model available (up to 4 stations)
The L117 Edge Foiler shapes the profile, sands it smooth and applies the dry-transfer finish foil on MDF in a single continuous process. Stock is transported through the machine by a bottom-feed chain with special pads that grip the stock securely while it passes through the stations.
- Accommodates up to seven stations
- Shaping station, dual sanding station and dual foiling station (up to four)
- Score saws and post cleaner stations (option)
- Groove saw station (option)
The L115 Edge Foiler shape the profile, sand it smooth and apply the dry-transfer finish foil on MDF consecutively in one continuous process. Stock is transported through the machine by a bottom-feed chain with special pads that grip the stock securely while it passes the stations. The L115 Edge Foiler has digital readouts and micro-point tilt at the stations and digital readout on the ever-square infeed guide, this machine is designed for easy setup and repeatable tool change between profiles.
- Accommodates up to four stations
The L79 End Finisher is designed to precisely cut MDF mouldings to length, then sand both ends. Next, to complete the one-pass process, an applicator wheel with automatic heat control applies the transfer finish. A louver end foiler is a production-oriented machine designed for reliability and operator convenience using a hopper feeder. Set up time is kept to a minimum by many special Voorwood features.
- Endless belt hold-down and bottom chain with pop-up lugs
- Fully adjustable bottom scoring precisely cuts MDF parts to length
- Sands both ends of parts, preparing the surface for finishing
- Applicator wheel with automatic heat control
- Hopper feeder (option)
The L73 Contour Foiler applies transfer-finishing foil to the non-linear, pre-shaped, and sanded edge of your MDF part without any template. The feed mechanism will accurately transport the edge of the round, oval, round corner rectangles, etc. past the foiling head. An applicator wheel with automatic heat control applies the foil. The workpiece support arms are adjustable to accommodate small to large parts.
- Round, oval, convex, concave
- Adjustable support arms for small to large parts
The P78 Plough Foiler cuts a single plough (bluff cut) to the desired profile in an MDF drawer front or similar component and then sands and applies transfer finish to the plough, all in one pass. It does not require handwork, spraying, wiping, clean-up, or drying time.
- Pattern changeover accomplished in minutes
- Equipped with climb-cut scoring
- Shape station incorporates an electronically balanced, precision spindle
- After sanding, final finishing of the transfer process; no trimming
The LUR27 Converter Laminator (Film to Film Laminator) applies transfer-finishing foils to the surface of PVC. Hot-stamp foils have the look of real woodgrain finishes, marbles, granites, solid colors, and geometric designs. The laminator has two heated foil applicator stations, which are incorporated in a heavy-duty machine frame for durability and precision.
- Foil unwind station w/tension control
- Substrate unwind station w/auto tension
- Foil rewind station w/stripper roll
- Single substrate rewind station
- Spreader roller
- Nip rolls run cold or heated
The L80 Surface Foiler is a high-speed heat transfer foil laminator. The hot-stamp surface foiler applies dry-transfer finishing foils to the surface of most MDF and other substrates. It comes equipped with two heated foil applicator stations, which are incorporated in a heavy-duty machine frame for durability and precision.
- Single unwind station with tension control for 3″ ID rolls
- Single torque motor controlled rewind station
- Stripper roll for carrier film wind up
- Powered 5′ infeed and outfeed belt conveyors
- Endless belt feed-through
- Substrate cleaning system
The L85 Surface Foiler uses dry-transfer finish technology applying a transfer finish on panels up to two feet in width. You can finish doors, cabinet side panels, furniture tops, and many other products. Another exciting feature of foil finishing with the hot-stamp surface foiler is the ability to finish over routed or embossed designs.
- Ability to finish over routed or embossed designs
- Foil unwind accepts up to 12.750″ diameter roll
- Carrier film rewind with friction clutch tension control
- Stripper roller for precision foil trimming
The L86 Surface Foiler will apply a variety of transfer foil finishes to MDF and other substrate panel faces up to 36 inches wide. The substrate is transported through the laminator on a continuous flat belt. The belt is covered with a heat resistant, non-marking rubber compound. Adjustable side guides guide the substrate to the laminating zone.
- Uses sectional ovens and twin applicator rollers
- Foil unwind accepts up to 13″ diameter roll
- Pneumatic unwind