Turbosand Strips are used in Voorwood’s sanding heads for finishing edge profiles.
Edge-Profile Sanding Heads
(The AA/BB/CC Turbosand Heads and Strips)
- Precise profile matching
- Used to finish door-pulls, straight edges, bevels, bullnoses, corner rounds, coves, ogee, stile, waterfalls, and other more complicated contours
- Universal Head can sand many different profiles (sanding inserts with the same marking are interchangeable with the same head)
- Precision—Turbosand does not distort shapes or round-off sharp edges (miters remain crisp and clean)
- No wrapping and stretching of the abrasive in trying to force a good match to the contours
- One-piece insert (not in segments that require glues or complicated retention devices) that can be replaced in seconds.
- The same die can produce inserts for 3”-, 5”- and 6”-diameter rotary sanding heads
- Sanding heads can be configured to fit any required spindle size (English or Metric bores). Common bores include 1-1/4”, 1-1/2”, 30mm, 35mm, and 40mm. The standard 1-1/4” bore can be adapted to multiple spindles using custom collets.
- Configurable for Stackable Tooling setups
- Foam backing inserts (permit more aggressive setup and provide additional support for the insert)
- Flexline plastic is available for durability when required.
- Split-collet mounting (to reduce runout)
- Multiple abrasive grits (80 to 320 grit)
- Trizac®brand abrasive for sanding/polishing solid-surface materials